While on vacation at sea, most people get sunburned, and for some it is inevitable. Tan, in fact, is a reaction of the skin to damage from the sun’s rays. In order to reduce the risk of burning and get a good tan, you need to follow 15 simple rules.
- Do not sunbathe from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. The intensity of ultraviolet rays during this period of time is the most dangerous;
- In the hottest hours, it is necessary to wear long clothes and capes, as well as hats and glasses;
- You need to tan gradually. You should start with 5-7 minutes and increase your exposure to the sun by 10 minutes every day;
- Lips also need protection. A lipstick with an SPF of at least 15 will help protect the lips;
- Those who like to swim in the pool need to take a shower not only before, but after swimming to wash off chlorine from the skin and protect their skin from drying out;
- Dehydration is a serious problem for the skin. You need to drink a lot and often, at least 1.5-2 liters of water every day;
- Do not forget to apply sunscreen to the areas of the face and body that burn most often: nose, shoulders and chest. You can try such sunscreens as Sunkroma or Daylong Extreme SPF 50+ Lotion.
- Be careful when choosing a tanning cream. It should protect against 2 types of rays, A and B. SPF creams protect against UV, but not against photoaging, so a cream with a PPD value is necessary;
- It is better to buy creams and sprays on specialized sites or a pharmacy. It should be remembered that the cream, unlike the spray, penetrates deeper into the skin, and therefore protects longer;
- Apply the cream to the skin every 2-3 hours. But if you sweat a lot or swim in water, the frequency of application increases to 1 time every 40-50 minutes;
- Do not forget to nourish and moisturize the skin after taking a shower. Creams and lotions containing wheat, almond, cocoa, and coconut oils are suitable for this purpose. The tan will look more even and beautiful on moisturized and well-groomed skin;
- Products containing beta-carotene have the ability to be deposited in the skin layers and give the body a golden hue. Beta-carotene is found in the following foods: carrots, sea buckthorn, sorrel, rose hips, cherries, mango, apricot, broccoli, pumpkin, melon, spinach and others;
- Tanning by the sea/ocean/river is more beneficial than sunbathing by the pool. Humid air near the sea or lake helps not to dry out the skin;
- Do not use cream intended for tanning beds on the beach;
- When tanning, do not forget to change positions after the same period of time (10-15 minutes) to avoid burns and “spotty” tanning.
Taking care of the skin, do not forget about the hair. Long exposure to the sun can negatively affect the health and appearance of hair. Without proper care, the effect of overdried hair is guaranteed to you. Wearing hats, scarves and using nourishing masks will help keep your hair healthy.
It is also necessary to take into account the fact that tanning is not suitable for everyone and is sometimes contraindicated.