The stratum corneum becomes vulnerable when child swimming prolonged time. The effect of chlorine is also affected – it destroys the fatty layer of the skin. Because of this, the skin loses elasticity and requires additional moisture.
To protect skin from the harmful effects of chlorinated water, moisturizer or protective cream apply to face and hands before training in the pool. Lotions that will absorb within seconds are also suitable. Also, remember to hide your baby’s hair under a swim cap to keep it from brittle.
After the swim, you should take a shower with a neutral gel and slightly wipe the body with a towel. Then, apply a moisturizer cream and oil on the kid’s skin to restore the protective layer.
Special skincare products after the pool contain essential fatty acids, phospholipids, vitamins A and E, as well as vegetable oils. These components eliminate the irritation and flaking of the skin, relieve it of dryness and feeling of tightness.
Keep in mind that during swimming classes, it is needed to use protective creams a medium density. Apply the cream at least half an hour before training to allow it to absorb. After classes, protective creams are needed at 0 ºC for sensitive skin and -10 ºC for other variants.
If the classes are held outdoors, another important point is to protect the skin from UV light. For this purpose special creams with the UV filter are issued (the usual indicator – 15, and for sunny weather – up to 50 units).
How to choose a kid`s cream:
- The packaging must be sealed.
- The cream should contain a minimum of components.
- Preservatives, flavors, dyes, parabens, alcohol and ethylene glycol are not possible in the composition. These components can cause allergies.
- The cream should not have a pungent odor; only a slight odor of the herbal extract is allowed. The pronounced aroma indicates that the cream contains a fragrance.
- Note the expiry date.
How to apply a protective cream:
- Take the cream on your palm and keep it warm for a few minutes. This promotes a better application to the skin.
- Apply evenly with finger pads on exposed skin.
- Rub the cream with light massage movements, and then remove any excess cream.
Oil for kid`s skin by properties is not inferior to creams, cleansing and nourishing the skin with useful components. Kid`s oil quickly retractable and recommended for use after a shower.
- Nutritious. It contains olive oil, proteins, vitamins B1 and B2, as well as linoleic acid. These components soften the skin. Especially this oil is useful in winter.
- Purification. It contains glycerin and vitamin E, which cleanses and moisturizes the skin.
- Soothing. It contains antiseptics that eliminate skin irritation and heal fine wounds.
- Nutritious vegetable oils for children:
- Apricot oil. Moisturizes and nourishes the skin with nutrients, especially in the case of hypersensitivity.
- Shea oil. It is useful for dry and sensitive skin, as well as in the case of irritation. This oil relieves inflammation and heals the skin.
- Jojoba oil. It covers the skin with a special film that retains moisture. It is reliable protection against the weather during outdoor sports.
Even when wearing a swim cap while swimming, kid`s hair can be damaged and lose its shine. In this case, its recovery will be helped by an egg mask.
You will need:
- 1 egg;
- 1 teaspoon of honey;
- 1 teaspoon of cognac;
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice;
- 3-4 drops of burdock oil.
Separate the yolk from the protein and whisk it with honey and cognac. Then add the burdock oil and lemon juice, mix everything thoroughly. Rub the finished mask into the scalp with a light massage. Then wrap your head in the film, wrap with a towel for 20 minutes. After this time, rinse the mixture without using shampoo.