No one is immune from such diseases as a cold or the flu. Moreover, a person can get sick not only in winter, but even in hot summer. In order to strengthen your immunity, it is recommended to give up bad habits, such as smoking, alcohol and follow a healthy diet. The products consumed have a very high impact on the immune system, so you should eat a balanced diet and eat only healthy foods.
What products help strengthen immunity?
Probiotics contained in yogurt are beneficial bacteria that protect the body from harmful bacteria. Scientists were able to prove that the consumption of 200 g of yogurt every day has a beneficial effect on the gastrointestinal tract and the whole body more than supplements containing probiotics.
- Whole grains (bread, pasta, oatmeal, etc.).
The grains contain nutrients and beta-glucan that strengthen the immune system and promote rapid wound healing.
- At any time of the year, you need to drink a lot of water so that cracks do not appear in the skin, through which various microbes can penetrate the body.
A high content of amino acids is found in both black and green tea, which helps to restore damaged cells. Also, hot herbal tea will help get rid of a runny nose.
- Chicken broth.
When chicken is cooked, the broth is filled with a large amount of cysteine, and this amino acid has medicinal properties. If you add salt and vegetables to the broth during cooking, then it will be an excellent stimulator for immunity, which will also contribute to the health of the bronchi and lungs.
Garlic is very rich in the substance allicin, which destroys all harmful bacteria and infections in the body. If you are concerned about the smell of garlic, drink a cup of green tea or use a chlorine dioxide mouthwash after eating. You can also take Petroselicaps; this natural remedy can help eliminate unpleasant breath. A deodorizing effect usually occurs within 30 minutes of taking the capsules. The capsules should not be crushed or chewed.
- Carrot, pumpkin.
Orange-colored vegetables are rich in beta-keratin and vitamin A, which heal and rejuvenate the skin, creating a barrier against the penetration of various microbes into the body.
- Mushrooms have an excellent effect on immunity, contributing to the increase of leukocytes.
- Seafood is rich in a large number of vitamins. For example, algae contain vitamin C (which is important for the prevention of colds) even more than oranges. You can also take supplements with vitamin C, for example, Gold-Vit C 1000 Forte. Eating salmon, herring, and mackerel will fill the body with omega-3 acid, thereby providing protection to the lungs.
- Foods with high zinc content, such as beef, will help to destroy all viruses that have entered the body, and will also prevent new ones from entering the body. Nuts (almonds, cashews, walnuts) also have high zinc content.
If you include all these products in your diet, then the risk of catching a cold or flu will be minimal, because the immune system will be able to overcome the disease at its onset.