Cheerio Gel (Sodium Monofluorophosphate)
What is Cheerio Gel (Sodium Monofluorophosphate) used for?
Cheerio Gel (Sodium Monofluorophosphate) is a children's toothpaste commonly recommended to improve the health of teeth in babies and young children. The gel contains ingredients designed to prevent tooth decay and the formation of bacteria on the surface of the teeth. The toothpaste does not contain many synthetic compounds and is specifically designed with the health of the child in mind.
How should I use Cheerio Gel (Sodium Monofluorophosphate)?
Cheerio Gel (Sodium Monofluorophosphate) should be administered as normal toothpaste. It is recommended to use a soft bristled toothbrush for sensitive teeth to avoid any gum damage from occurring. Put a small amount of gel onto the brush, wet it, and gently brush the teeth of your child if they are unable to do it themselves. Thoroughly rinse the mouth after use to prevent a large amount of toothpaste from being consumed.
What are the side effects of Cheerio Gel (Sodium Monofluorophosphate)?
Although there are no known side effects associated with the use of Cheerio Gel (Sodium Monofluorophosphate), it is recommended to stop using the toothpaste and contact your physician if you notice any signs of an allergic reaction such as hives, swelling, or difficulty breathing.
Cheerio Gel (Sodium Monofluorophosphate) is only meant to be used orally and should not be applied externally. Avoid letting the toothpaste contact any other mucous membranes such as the eyes or nose.
Strictly follow all instructions provided to you by your physician or pharmacist while using Cheerio Gel (Sodium Monofluorophosphate). Optimum and safe dosage can differ based on the patient and the condition being treated.
As this medication may be unsafe for certain patients, it is essential you always inform your physician if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, as well as if you have any allergies, other illnesses, or ongoing health conditions, and if you are taking any other form of medication, supplements, or herbal products.
Immediately seek emergency medical care if you have an allergic or hypersensitive reaction. Common signs of a reaction include hives, swelling, skin rashes, chest pains, as well as trouble breathing or swallowing.